2.16.2016

Transfer calls are tomorrow

February 14, 2016

whats up everyone? i don't have a ton of time today because we're doing a zone activity, but ill give as much detail as i can remember.

This last Wednesday we had a zone conference. We had 3 different zones come to Sapporo, and we got training from the mission President and his assistants. I don't want to go into a ton of detail, but it was awesome and I learned a lot. One thing it made me think about was my desire and motivation. At this point, I'm doing my best to leave on time and be effective when I'm outside, but I've been thinking a lot about my mindset. I want to be the missionary who is running from house to house because every day is a short 8 hours. I know that becoming that missionary is a process, and it's going to take a lot of prayer and really putting in my part to the Lord. I want to be the missionary that everyone remembers because of how much of a desire I had to go out and do missionary work. Lately I've really thought a lot about not wanting to become another normal missionary. Sure I can leave one time, return on time, and work hard, but if I don't have a desire to really share this message, I'm not going to change into the person God is trying to change me to be. I love the mission!

Sorry this week was pretty normal, but other than the zone conference one awesome thing happened!

YUKI MATSURI! Everyone look it up right now and look at pictures. It was seriously a once in a life time opportunity (even though I'll go again next year same time). The snow sculptures were so huge and realistic, plus we went at night so we got to see the light show. It's way to hard to describe so I'll send a lot of pictures this week and attach a short video of one of the light shows. Trust me you want to see these. Unfortunately, because we went after zone conference, travel was long, and waited for other missionaries, we only had about 2 hours to see everything. We barely got to stay and enjoy the sculptures, but I think we saw everything. Lots of fun, but I wanted to go longer and talk longer with the other missionaries we went with.

Right now I'm doing great and loving the mission. Tomorrow we get transfer calls and I really don't know if I'm leaving or staying, so I'm not going to make any bets about anything. However, I might transfer ( I think) no promises.

Valentine's Day in Japan is reverse, so girls gave us chocolate. I think that's how it should be for now on lol.

Kk everyone, have a great week!

敬具 (sincerely yours)

ー  シャイト長老 (Elder Scheidt)







No comments:

Post a Comment