3.07.2016

Way Tired

February 28, 2016

This week was a solid week for missionary work! we taught about 8 lessons, which is way good for me, and we worked super hard. Every night I hit my bed so tired. We've been walking about 25 kilos. every day for 2 reasons. 1: Elder Pace doesn't know the area as much as he thought he did (so I already took over navigating). 2: we don't have a ton scheduled, so it's mostly this kind of schedule.

6:30-12:00 exercise, meals, all of study
12:00-1:00 WALK to area
1:00-7:00 walk around and visit the people that have been taking lessons or been taught before.
7:00-8:00 walk back to the apartment
8:00-9:00 dinner

It's a lot of walking I'll tell you that. The way Elder Pace said it: "I feel like every day is just like walking around Disneyland, but there are no rides" haha. I love being a missionary!

Right now we have two people with baptismal dates. Takada san and yamahata san. They both still need a lot of work, but for the most part are keeping commitments and meeting with us once or twice a week. Takada San is my favorite. He's this 70 year old rich guy who loves technology. Every time we go over to teach, he shows us some new Apple TV connection or something he just discovered that came out probably 7 years ago. I always act way surprised and just mess with him a bunch. Yamahata San straight up stresses me out haha. She is always so jumpy and no matter what you really say to her, she'll reply back "yes I'm going to church" which is a good thing to say back, but she actually didn't come yesterday :( it's okay we're doing our best.

We taught one lesson this week to this college girl in her genkan. (Little little little room for shoes right behind the front door) We ended up talking for about an hour and taught the whole first lesson. About God being our Father in Heaven, families, Joseph Smith, and then introduced the Book of Mormon. We gave her one and committed her to read and pray about it. She seemed to have a way strong desire. It was kind of a tough lesson because my companion is really really quiet and doesn't have a ton of confidence. He told me he's a little afraid of speaking and saying something wrong in Japanese, so I basically have done 95% of the talking up to this point, but he's doing his best so I can't complain. I can't make him teach, I can only encourage and show my love.

Yesterday we had a big potluck called a 食事会 in Japan and I ate way too much. I was actually in a lot of pain when we got back from church. Of course when you can't eat, that's when you get the most food. Had a meal at a members house and ate even more than at lunch. I have never had so much pain in my stomach. We got back from the meal and I went straight to my futon and laid down the rest of the night. I'm actually still in a lot of pain right now haha. I'm never doing that again, seriously close to one of the most pain I have ever been in. Yep, don't worry too much mom.

Yep, so we worked really hard and taught a decent amount of lessons. Happy to be here and happy to be spreading this wonderful message we have. It is the truth. No doubt in my mind!
Love you all

Have a great week

敬具 (sincerely yours)

ー  シャイト長老 (Elder Scheidt)


[Ate at bistari bistari. Has way good curry and unlimited nan. I ate 5
or 6 and one was cheese nan. I took this picture when he was praying
because he always looks way mad when he prays haha]



No comments:

Post a Comment