1.24.2016

Great News!

January 24, 2016

Alright I want to talk about only one thing this week. This email will be a lot shorter this week, so everyone should read it

This week I had the opportunity to go on splits with one of my Zone Leaders. A Japanese Missionary named Elder Tsutsumi. We met one of my favorite investigators, Okamoto san. He follows all of the
commandments, and has heard all of the lessons, but has one problem. Work. His only day off is Thursday and his boss won't let him move it to Sunday so that he can go to church. Okamoto San really wants to get baptized, but his job is his dream job. On top of that, he has a ton of work privileges. For example: gets a car from the company he works for... Yep a freaking expensive car. So, he wants to be baptized, but really doesn't want to quit his job. Has been meeting the missionaries for a year now. Missionaries have been asking him to quit his job for almost a year.

This last Thursday we made a baptismal date with him. It was a first for me and it was one of the best experiences of my life. Being out for almost 7 months now, I haven't made a baptismal date, let alone found a new investigator, This experience changed my whole mindset. He was practically in tears, and I was the one who actually asked him to be baptized on April 2nd (my sisters birthday----> no relation whatsoever) and it really brought joy to my heart. It was one of the best times I've felt the spirit and recognized it. Honestly, I don't get that crazy, overwhelming spirit feeling all too often. It's usually different, but this time it was something special. Now I probably won't be here if the baptism goes through, but that's not the point. Watching people grow closer to Christ doesn't get old. It's something everyone should have the opportunity to do. I truly does bring me happiness.

Sorry I feel like I'm being all gushy, girly right now.... But

I testify this work is real. God loves everyone, and wants everyone to return to him. He has a plan for us, and I know that this church is true.

Kk maybe a bit longish, but please read it.

Kk everyone have a good week

敬具 (sincerely yours)

ー  シャイト長老 (Elder Scheidt)







No comments:

Post a Comment