1.24.2016

Saturdddddaaaayyyy

January 17, 2016

Yo!

Can't believe it's already been another week. The mission has its way of being forever, but also fast in the blink of an eye. Anyway, boring week so I'll give you a boring breakdown Jk..

Monday: normal p day or shopping, emailing, etc...

Tuesday: had zone training meeting. I didn't use the translator and was actually understanding a ton, so I was pretty pumped. But we all know that once I start feeling confident in Japanese, God is going to give me a nice serving of humble pie. I learned a lot from my zone leaders and it was a good time. Grateful for their hard work and prep.

Wednesday: went and talked to my main man nozaki San. He's doing well, but not keeping commitments... A little frustrating. We also had interviews with the Mission President on Wednesday. I went in first and because I didn't have any questions he made me do a role play (もぎ) "Mogi" I freaking hate mogis, but you know I didn't tell him that. I smiled and agreed. (@_@) he asked me to mogi about prayer and when I was done he gave me feedback. He kept saying "woah your Japanese is actually really good! No like really good" he kept giving me this look like (you might need to train soon, or take some kind of responsibility that older missionaries tend to have) so I'm praying that's not the case haha. Glad I got to talk with him. I can feel his love it's amazing!

Thursday: planning day and had the best soup curry I've ever had. Will attach pic

Friday: met my man wakamatsu San. This crazy old guy who has dementia we think, but still an investigator. He always forgets stuff, and just randomly yells in English with his super deep voice. I freaking love him. Actually committed him to pray on Sunday ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ

Saturday: longest day of my mission. Nothing planned and our one "show up whenever and teach" lesson fell through. Housed for the next 6-8 hours. Everyone said けっこです"kekko desu" which means no thank you or nope! Didn't find a new investigator and to be honest, only a couple people opened the door. Really rough day mentally and physically

Sunday: normal church today. Trying to get more activities planned for our investigators, because they won't come to church, but will sometimes go to activities. We'll see!

Thanks everyone. Sorry I'm going to try and spice it up next week with some crazy story or something.

Thanks for all the prayers. Love you all!

敬具 (sincerely yours)

ー  シャイト長老 (Elder Scheidt)





No comments:

Post a Comment