1.24.2016

Transfers

January 10, 2016

What's up everyone?

Transfer calls came last Tuesday and I'm staying! Kind of figured because my companion had been here for 4 transfers already. But get this! My new companion is Owada 長老. My first Japanese companion. He worked in the mission headquarters for the past 4 transfers, so he's ready to work super hard in this area.

I seriously got my number one option as a companion. When I was in shinkotoni (the area before shinoro) me and Owada 長老 hung out every P day. We literally just picked up where we were 6 weeks ago. Yep, so that was really exciting. Because he's Japanese and his English is very limited, I'm going to spend the next month and a half of my life only speaking Japanese. The sisters in this area are both Japanese as well, plus my zone leaders are both Japanese. I'm straight up surrounded, so if my Japanese doesn't shoot up in the next 6 weeks, I'm doomed. I'm just praying I don't break down from having almost no English for 6 weeks. I think I'll be okay.

This week we had an activity called a mochitsuki (もちつき). Hard to describe, so I hope the pictures will help. basically you take a bunch of hot rice and throw it in a sort of log from a tree. Then you take a hammer and smash the rice over and over for a while, all while someone is flipping over the rice right after it was smacked. It's way fun, and after a while the rice becomes mochi. Then you add this bean paste (あんこ) to the mochi and eat it. so freaking good, but im probably getting fat. ive been eating too much of it. we had 2 investigators (if you can call them that) show up and they had a blast!

Because everyone in my area is Japanese, I have to teach 英会話 our English class by myself. Kind of a bummer because I can't crack jokes to my companion and know that nobody understood what I said. ALL BYYY MYYY SEEELLLLFFF! Sorry

Yep this week was fun! I'm learning to enjoy being a young missionary and not think about when I'm going home. It's really hard to see all your newly made friends on transfer 11 and 13 and 15, but I've come to realize I should just enjoy it now, because I'll be sad when it's over.

The mission is great right now! 

I know this church is true, and I want to work hard to touch lives of the people around me. The people here need to gospel! Everyone does! It helps our lives in so many ways.

Kk
peaches ;)

敬具 (sincerely yours)
ー  シャイト長老 (Elder Scheidt)







No comments:

Post a Comment