2.25.2017

久々メールします

February 12, 2017

Hello everyone. As the title says... Long time no see

Sorry for now emailing for such a long time. Here has been lots of stuff going on lately and I've been a little stressed and busy, but things are okay now.

So i have some interesting news! An emergency transfer happened and I got a new companion. My old companion elder Yamaoka had a bit of a hard time recently and I don't want to go into too much detail (especially over email), but the transfer was for his health and things should be getting better for him from now on. I loved him and learned a lot from our 9 weeks together. My new companion is elder morse from North Carolina. He came to Japan only a month and a half after I did and it's his first time going zone leader. He's a super awesome missionary and we are just having a blast. Joao see is stellar and we are getting by lol.

To be honest, because of lots of things occurring lately it's been hard to get out and work 110%, but now that things are resolved I'm back working super hard outside and it feels amazing. We got rejected so hard for 8 hours the other day! I loved it! I try to think of rejections as a good thing. It's like the blessings/ miracles are waiting and to receive those blessings your rejections stack up and eventually just burst and all the blessings come. I know that didn't really make sense, but it's okay. Just know that I'm doing great and loving life right now.

We have a zone conference tomorrow and will be trained by the president, his wife, and the assistants to the president. Looking forward to learning a lot. We are going to be trained on how to find people to teach for one section. I'm super excited! We are struggling to find people to teach and I am more than willing to try new ways other than knocking doors all day. I've found it isn't necessarily effective/ but it is necessary to some extent in missionary work. I've been brainstorming a lot and we will see what comes from it.

We are still testing hitoshikun who has basically heard all the lessons and has already finished the Book of Mormon. He's onto the bible now and I swear his knowledge is too high. He is asking hard questions that sometimes I don't even know the answer to haha. He is super close, but just has a couple more commandment problems (like we all do). If everyone could please pray for him... He needs the blessings.

Thanks so much for all the support I get out here. I couldn't be out here without the sacrifice lots of wonderful people have made in my life. Recently I have been reflecting a lot about how amazing my family is and how I would only want to be part of my family. I'm so grateful to God for such a wonderful family. I love everyone so much and would do anything for them.

Hope everyone has a great week!

Love you...

敬具 (sincerely yours)
ー  シャイト長老 (Elder Scheidt)


[Me and my buddy elder kashiwa. Probably the last time I will see him before he goes home :( nooo]



[We both said " oh shoot I need a picture of you for my family/ friends." did this to each other. Not sure what I look like in the picture he took, but whatever]





No comments:

Post a Comment