2.01.2017

Sorry for the last 2 weeks

January 15, 2017

Alright I wasn't planning on sending a weekly email this week either, but both my parents asked why I haven't and I felt a little guilty.

To begin, I don't have much to report on. I hurt my Achilles in the beginning of this transfer (5-6 weeks ago) and have mostly been sitting in the apartment resting. The doctors say if I don't rest and stop walking so much it won't heal, so I have been trying to make the best use of my time.

Here's what I've done a lot of in the last transfer:
- make tons and tons of origami
- read a lot of the Japanese Book of Mormon (right now I'm in alma 30)
- Cleaned the apartment spotless countless times
- clean up the area book and do little things to make time better for dendo
- making lots of appointments at the church and meeting people there
- eating lots of food
- making cookies
- think
- play cards

To be honest, I just want to get out and work again. I forgot what free time is like and it's been so boring haha. But.... Transfers are this week and my Achilles is actually starting to feel better, so I'm excited to get back at it no matter what condition I'm in.

We taught our most progressing  investigator aizawa San and tried to make another baptismal date because the first date got dropped. Right now he's in the end half of alma and just doesn't want to commit to baptism because he's afraid of breaking commandments and thinks they are really strict. I believe he will get baptized sometime just not sure in my generation, 1-2 years, etc... He said he wants to finish the Book of Mormon and maybe the bible too before he decides any life changes like baptism. He's so cool I love him!

Hope everyone has a great week I'll look for some sick pictures or videos to send

敬具 (sincerely yours)
ー  シャイト長老 (Elder Scheidt)


[This is from New Years. We have a small branch and this is one of the three meals members fed us :)]


[Here's the squad]



[Elders need to find fun sometimes okay...]





No comments:

Post a Comment