2.01.2017

Happy new year!

January 3, 2017

Hello everyone sorry I didn't send anything out last week. I Skyped my family and then didn't really feel like emailing, so I apologize.

So if you don't know already New Years is huge in Japan and that basically shuts down our dendo pretty hard. It's not really worth trying to go out and talk to people, so we try to stay effective in other ways as a mission. We had one day designated to cleaning and another day designated to reading the Book of Mormon. Along with that I have had some Achilles problems causing me to be in the apartment every other day of the week. Yep, I was almost in the apartment studying, folding origami, cleaning, losing my brains, etc... All week.

Our investigator aizawa San has a date for January 7th but it's not looking like he's going to make that day. He's still having some word of wisdom problems and then something sad kind of happened. It seems to be a pattern with my whole mission, but man I hate jobs/ work. Aizawa San found a new job and it's looking like coming to church on Sunday's might start getting hard. He told me: "Elder Scheidt if I could just follow the word of wisdom I could get baptized. Oh wait! Btw, I might not be able to come to church because of my new job." I was crushed and praying this doesn't happen because he's so close to making that first step. He just needs to actually start acting and show faith. We are working with him a lot. He's an awesome guy and studies more than anyone I've ever met. I love him a lot.

We have a meeting in Sapporo this week, so that will basically take up the rest of this week.

We had a couple dinners with members, but it didn't seem to me that the missionary/member relationship is very strong. Only 3 families fed us and the others don't really seem to show interest in us that much. I really feel like one reason I came here was to improve member/missionary relationship. I want to visit lots of members and see what's going to happen.

Crazy I'm on the last 1/4th of my mission. Trying not to think about it and just work hard.

Anyway, hope everyone has a great week! Love you.

敬具 (sincerely yours)

  シャイト長老 (Elder Scheidt)


[There are these things here called chocolate eggs. It's a chocolate egg with these little cool Mario trinkets inside. I've bought over 12 now. It's becoming an addiction and I can't count how many times I've gotten Luigi golf haha]






No comments:

Post a Comment