7.30.2015

My Month Marker



In a couple days I will have been in the MTC for a month. I guess I can say, half way there now.
It is really hard to form these emails because we only get an hour and I can't really remember that much that happened during the week, but I'll do my best.

My district has been struggling a lot. Mostly just the Elders. A ton more fights have been breaking out between my companion and another Elder about stupid subjects. Yesterday they were about to throw down because they were arguing about what a calorie is and how it's measured. We got a new district leader though, who is taking a lot more action than the last one, so we'll see if things clear out at all. 

We had some great devotionals this last week. The one we had last Sunday (can't remember who it was by) talked a lot about flirting and locking your hearts on your mission. Everyone was laughing, but everyone was also low key feeling awkward. He also talked about worthiness, which I thought was both important and ballsy. It was important to bring up because you can't be a hypocrite on your mission. You can't be telling investigators to repent and use Jesus Christ's atonement if you haven't even used it yourself. I also thought it was a bold topic (probably shouldn't use the world ballsy) because it isn't something a lot of people want to talk about. I heard that a ton of people went home the next few days, which is sad but also a good thing. It takes a lot of courage to go home and work things out.

The Japanese is really coming along. It is unbelievable how far along I've come along since I've been here. I know that without the hand of the Lord, I would be nowhere near where I am spiritual wise and language wise as I am right now. The lessons with the Practice Investigators are going great. I was able to share a personal experience and bear my testimony in one lesson. I had the practice investigator (who is our teach acting like an investigator) tearing up. The spirit was so strong and I've never seen or felt anything like it before.

This last week I prayed about one thing in particular, and that was recognizing the spirit. I've always struggled with that, and a few days after my prayer I felt like my prayer wasn't answered. A few days after (On Tuesday) we had our second devotional of the week. I felt like the speaker was directing his talk to me. He mentioned that sometimes you might not know if you're feeling the spirit or not. This is exactly how I was feeling. He then proceeded to talk about how if your heart is in the right place and you're doing the right thing you are feeling the spirit. I know it doesn't sound like much, but it hit me so hard. That experience was definitely an answer to my prayers.

Thank you for everyone who sends me emails and keeps me in their prayers.

Hope everyone has a great week 

Elder Scheidt

No comments:

Post a Comment