8.06.2015

4 weeks left!

This week a lot happened, but I'll try to keep it simple and interesting.

So, we had a devotional by Russell M. Nelson (President of the quorum of the 12) and it was 
awesome. Just the feeling in the room was indescribable. He is such an inspiring man, and the spirit was just filling the room like nothing I've ever experienced before. He taught about converting ourselves on our missions. It hit me really hard, like most devotionals do.

I also had an awesome moment of the week, and a terrible moment.

I'll start with the bad moment. On Tuesday my companion, some other Elders in my district, and I were getting ready for breakfast. We put on our suits for the devotional and headed over to breakfast. On the way over, some worker smashed his shovel into a huge pipe, and the pipe burst open spraying mud all over us. Honestly, I was very impressed on how impeccable to worker's timing was. The only thing I was mad about was how I didn't dodge it well enough to walk away clean. I was furthest away from the pipe so I only got hit some on my back, but the other Elders hahahahaha.
It was all over the place. One Elder got the mud in his mouth and in his hair. Everyone was super pissed off because we had to go back and change.

The awesome moment of the week was a personal experience I had. I have been struggling a lot with getting to know people while speaking Japanese. I can only say the same 5 sentences. (Ex: how was your week? what did you do? etc...) I had a one on one with my teacher and she told me it will come, but for now I just have to do my best. I felt kind of discouraged and didn't think the one on one helped.

I've been praying a lot this past week to find some way of just being able to talk in Japanese and get to know people with ease. The lesson in Japanese are fine, but getting to know people is another story. This week my companion and I got called to do this thing called "people and our purpose workshop" or something like that. Basically, my companion and I go into a room and act like we are about to teach an investigator. All the new missionaries from that day are in the audience listening. 

All my companion and I had to do was get to know the person and talk for 5-7 minutes. Plus, it was in English. This experience was honestly an answer to my prayers. Now all I have to do is remember some things that I said, and do my best to learn that in Japanese. My teachers kept telling me to practice getting to know someone and English and it will help in Japanese. I didn't believe them, but boy was I wrong.

That was such an awesome experience, and it may not sound like much, but to me it meant a lot. 
I know the Lord answered my prayers, and has blessed me in so many ways since I've been here.

I hope everyone has a great week. I love hearing from everyone

Elder Scheidt

シアト長老


No comments:

Post a Comment