7.23.2015

Week 3

I don't have much time, so this email is going to be a bit shorter than usual. 

This last week has been full of ups and downs like every other week, but this week seemed a little more brutal. We, as a district, have already held 2 inventories. Basically something where everyone goes around the room and gets something off of their chest that we need to fix. I got called out by my companion for being a little too relaxed with some of the rules. That's okay though. I'm doing my best and I'm praying to get better day by day.

This last week we had a devotional by a guy named William Walker. He was a former Mission President in Japan. That was exciting because he talked a lot about his experiences with missionaries from the eyes of a mission president. He mainly talked about 10 main points to being a happier, more successful missionary. As I was listening, I found that I really needed to work on all 10 of those things. It hit me hard, and now I'm striving to be better.

I had the opportunity to host 8 new missionaries yesterday, and boy was it exhausting. I had to take 7 of them to the 4th floor carrying all of their luggage. One Elder's key didn't work, so I had to go to the front desk and then back up to his room. Of course it didn't work again. Went back to the front desk and got another key. Nope! Dropped him off at his classrom, and I ended up being 2 hours late for class.

Our branch president got released this last Sunday and a lot of people were really torn up about it. Considering I was only here for 2 1/2 weeks when he got released, I wasn't as sad as the people who have been here 6 1/2 weeks. Our new branch president is super cool and you can really feel the spirit when you're around him.

Nothing else has really changed in this last week. I've seen a couple of people I know who came in yesterday, and I'm still on the lookout for Jarron Molen. (My brother in law's brother)

Anyway, thanks for all of your prayers and your support. Have you have a great week.

Elder Scheidt (シエトえlでr)

No comments:

Post a Comment