8.24.2015

11 More Days And I'm Free

The MTC has been nothing short of amazing, but I'm at the point where I am dying to get out of here. I got really happy when I saw the English speaking missionaries come in yesterday, because I realized the are all leaving the MTC at the same time I am. I'm not even mad okay? Alright!

Rumor is that my district gets our travel plans tomorrow. I've never been more excited to get out and go actually teach the people of Japan.

A lot happened this week, but the days blend together and I can't remember squat. I'll do my best.

One exciting thing was that another Elder in my district, Elder Askew, and I finished the Book of Mormon on the same day. I read the whole Book of Mormon at BYU, but I got way more out of it this time around. Probably, because the spirit is here almost 24/7 so I received way more inspiration and answers to questions I had. I took me a total of 4 weeks from when I started, and I am really excited to read it again. If anyone is curious about the Mormons, go read the Book of Mormon. I promise you will receive answers. That book changed my life ten-fold.

I've tried reading the Book of Mormon in Japanese, and yeah it's nearly impossible. It's writeen in the Japanese characters, so when I read I need to understand several things. 
1: what the character means
2. the sentence structure (Japanese sent. structure is all twisted)
3. where the words ends
- when reading Japanese characters, there are no spaces, so I can read for days and not even know what the word was or where it ended. Sometimes I'll read something and be like "yep I think that's where the word ends" (turns out I'm always way off)

I'm trying to stay positive though, and read a little bit every day. I've heard it will come, along with the language. 

I got called to serve as District Leader on Sunday, which means I'm in charge keeping everyone in my district in line. I try to take charge, but my district has a hard time getting along. No one wants to be the person who tells people what to do, but I'm now in charge of being that person. It's hard and I'm still working on fulfilling my calling. That being said, I've never been more excited to serve the people I've been with for 8 weeks.

The national tribute band came and played for a devotional and it was awesome. I haven't heard real music (not that church music isn't real music) in almost 2 months now. I hate country, but this music sounded like I was on cloud nine. Oh Baby! Go check them out. They sing about our church and a lot of the teachings we believe in.

This is my 8th week now, and I seriously think I'm losing my mind. I haven't studied Japanse in probably 4 days now just because I'm so tired and dead. I'm doing my best though, so prayers would be greatly appreciated.

Hope everyone has a good week!

Sorry for the long email. I'm trying to make them shorter, but I always want to say so much about this gospel.

Love you all,

Elder Scheidt
--
シャイト長老

No comments:

Post a Comment