3.28.2016

Christ is truly our Savior

March 27, 2016

We get transfer calls tomorrow and I think we are going to stay together, but you never know.

This last week was definitely the a harder week in my mission.

Thursday was probably one of the harder days of my mission. I was on splits with my district leader when I got some bad news. Here's how the day played out: We went to the church so my district leader could sync up his area book and with the 5 minutes I had, I decided to check to see if I had any emails from the mission. I saw an email from my mom telling me that my dog died from end stage liver failure. I didn't even know he was sick, so I was straight up crushed and spent the next 10 minutes in the church crying. Of course I had to continue with missionary work, so I basically just followed my companion around the next 2 hours without saying a word. To be honest, I couldn't focus at all. He decided it would be best to go back to the apartment and I couldn't have agreed more. It sucked being in another missionary's area during all of this because I didn't want to be the reason our splits weren't very effective. That being said, we did head back and I spent the next hour in the bathroom crying. It might sound stupid to some of you, but that dog was part of our family. Still pretty bummed, but I'm okay now. I think the bad news and the fact that I've been under a lot of stress lately from the ward and other things kind of bundled up, and then finally just erupted. Looking back now, I feel like a little girl for crying, but I am 100% now.

We taught a lot about Jesus Christ this week, and showed a lot of videos about his life. We learned something in a broadcast to missionaries last transfer that said "if you don't know what to teach, teach about Christ." We have lots of investigators that just aren't progressing, so we're at the point where it's... What do we teach? That's why we talked a lot about Christ. It sounds crazy, but you can see how touched people are when they learn about Christ. Even if they have been Buddhist their whole life and don't really know a whole ton about him.

Lots of other things happened this week, but I'm extra tired today for some reason, so this email is going to be shorter.

Hope everyone has a good week. Being a missionary is truly a privilege, I've learned that a lot out here.

敬具 (sincerely yours)
ー  シャイト長老 (Elder Scheidt)


[Us and our Eikaiwa class]




R.I.P. Ozzy [March 22, 2016]

No comments:

Post a Comment