5.16.2016

Miracles lead to strengthened testimonies

April 24, 2016

This week I just want to talk about one miracle in particular and keep this email a bit shorter than other weeks.

So, we have an investigator named tawaraya San, who is basically a 40 year old video game need haha. He plays video games all day, and has Monday and Tuesdays off work. His job? Oh yeah did I mention he's a nerd. He has a Game Center job (still not quite sure what he does, but yeah). If you still can't picture it, try and think about my oldest sister Nicole. Haha jk love you. Basically, when he has work off, he plays computer and phone games all day, non-stop. But, he showed me his recently changed phone wallpaper. It is a picture of Christ looking down from heaven with a hand extended to earth portraying the "follow me" theme we all know and love! So sick!

So he has this desire to come to church and get baptized, but because of his work being the busiest on Sunday, he is unable to attend. We have been praying really hard as a companionship, as well as individually for something to happen. This last Tuesday we met him at the church for the first time and had a team up lesson with one of my favorite members. We basically showed him around the church (a tour) because he has never been and can't really come due to work. We then taught one of the best lessons of my mission. We taught him about how if he just shows faith and does what we are telling him he needs to do, the Lord will provide a way. We finished and he left. We knew he couldn't come to church this last Sunday, but that doesn't mean we were going to give up.

I have literally been praying so hard for this situation, because it is the second time I have experience it since coming to Japan in September, and I don't know what to do other than: suggest he quits, keep teaching, pray, ask him to talk to his boss, etc... I've been praying for guidance, but haven't felt a strong path I should take.

I've tried many things, but nothing seemed to be working. However, this last Saturday we got a call from him. For some reason (he still doesn't know and neither do we) his work gave everyone Sunday off this last week. That means he had time to come to church! He came and literally had a blast. He fit in so well and everyone was so friendly to him. It was a real testimony builder for me, especially after teaching him that the Lord will provide a way. Plus, during our lesson we made a baptismal date for June 6th, and I made a very bold promise that if he commits to the date, the Lord will provide a way. I didn't know the Lord would provide the way as fast as within a week haha Obviously this one week of having Sunday off was just for this last Sunday, but it strengthened my testimony and I know it strengthened his. Hopefully that is just the last push he needed to fully commit and be ready for baptism. He is progressing so well and I love him so much!

Sorry, little longer than I wanted, but I barely even said half the stuff I wanted. Anyway, this church is true and I promise the Lord is watching over each and everyone. 1 Nephi 3:7! Read it, look it up, it's true. No doubt in my mind!

1 Nephi 3:7 "And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and go the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save the shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Ok have a good week everyone, I'm praying for all of you!

敬具 (sincerely yours)

ー  シャイト長老 (Elder Scheidt)


[Tawaraya San is in the red, and my favorite member (ishikawa 兄弟 at the bottom)]

 [Check this sushi out]

[Oh boy.]


No comments:

Post a Comment