9.26.2016

Sapporo temple dedication

August 21, 2016

Hello!

This week we had one big event! The dedication of the Sapporo Temple! It was awesome to go inside and take part of such a spiritual ceremony. We also got to see Gary Stevenson and Russell M. Nelson from the quorum of the 12 apostles. Those guys are spiritual beasts. You could feel the tangible presence of the holy those way strong when those 2 walked in with their wives.

Other than that, it rained and rained and rained this week. Apparently there was a pretty massive typhoon this week and some areas got closed down just for a small period of time, but we are all good now.... I think
On Saturday we spent 8 hours outside walking around with no one answering the doors. I had never seen a place rain so hard (considering California is in a drought and it almost never rains in San Diego) and I thought we were going to get called in for sure. We actually did get 3 texts with flood warnings, but this work can't be
stopped!

Also, because I know he might read this email I went on splits with one of the Ap's (Elder Stevens) and it was probably one of the best days I've had on my mission. We just worked really hard, taught some awesome lessons, and just had a good timing doing it. There wasn't much more you could ask for. We also had the car that day, because he is an assistant to the mission president, and it rained pretty hard. My normal comp. must've got covered that day. Idk too afraid to ask haha

We've been teaching people and trying to get people to progress. One lady I feel could be very close to baptism if she just shows faith. Please pray for her. Her name is ogasawara san.

Yep yep.... Normal life out here and I'm enjoying Japan a lot. Trying to make the most of the 10 months I have left, because it will fly by. Sad to see all of my older missionary friends go home, but nothing I can do

Ok love you all, bye bye

敬具 (sincerely yours)
ー  シャイト長老 (Elder Scheidt)


Sapporo temple!
Image result for sapporo temple



[Took no pics, so enjoy one of my buddies] 






No comments:

Post a Comment