9.26.2016

No more temple and lots of housing

July 31, 2016

Hello everyone!

First things first.... Congratulations to my sister and her new husband jack (who I've never met). I'm sorry I couldn't be at the wedding, but thanks for including me with the cardboard cutout that you guys made. :)

This week, it rained HARD!!! 3 or 4 times this week I had full on rain gear and spent 7-8 hours outside and just got freaked pounded by the rain. Luckily, my rain coat is crap and my upper body was soaked. Ha yeah luckily.

One fresh thing off the week: because all the elders in Sapporo worked hard at the temple, the mission president and his wife threw a barbecue for us at the mission home. It was way tight to sit down and eat like an American again with American size food haha. Japanese people have tiny portions. You would think you would lose weight in Japan, but you actually ended up eating one portion and then realizing you want 3 more because you're an American. Then you ended up crying because you're so fat and poor :/ it's a vicious cycle :/

Anywayyyyyyy, basically no one could meet this week, which left us with lots and lots and lots of knocking door time. We found 3ish people, but man this was probably one of the longest weeks of my mission for sure. I don't know why but it seriously feels like an eternity from when I emailed last Monday. I thought about the validity of the saying  "the days feel like weeks and the weeks feel like days" and think it's more like "the days feel like weeks and the weeks feel like years." I think that's a better portrayal of this last week, but..... It was just a normal week of working hard and teaching English class and going to church.

Because of the lack of temple service this week, our days opened up big time and we had lots of 8 hour days when no one could visit. I honestly don't mind those long 8 hour days as long as we have one or two appointments some time in the day, but this week literally no one was home. But.... I can't complain because I'm still being blessed like its no one's business out here in japan, and I'm loving life right now. Not much more I could ask for.

Sorry for the boring rant. This next week I will look for something interesting. Transfer calls are tomorrow so you can look forward to that if you want to. Till next week....

Bye bye love you all

敬具 (sincerely yours)
ー  シャイト長老 (Elder Scheidt)

No comments:

Post a Comment