9.26.2016

Oh shoot!

August 7, 2016

The title is what I thought when I got my transfer call last week on
Tuesday morning. So, even though I just got to the higashi area 6
weeks ago, I am packing again and transferring back to asahikawa. This
time I will be in the other half of asahikawa and working with a
different ward. Basically in asahikawa there is 1st ward and 2nd ward.
The first ward correlates with the suehiro area (where I spent 5
months) and the second ward corresponds to the asahikawa area. I'm
super excited to be back in asahikawa. I honestly probably like it
more than the Sapporo area, but don't tell anyone that.

On top of that, I went zone leader. For some reason (which has yet to
be disclosed) my mission president and the assistants decided it would
be funny for me to skip district leader and go straight zone leader.
That being said, I have not given a workshop of any sort, but tomorrow
I have to give two 40 min workshops with my companion in Japanese. We
are basically training the 22 missionaries and 1 set of couple
missionaries in the asahikawa area. I am way pumped, but also way
freaking nervous. I just wish I had been district leader even for one
transfer so I can have some kind of idea on how this is going to
happen. Oh well... I'm really intimidated because I'm the youngest
zone leader in the mission at transfer 9, and the next youngest is
transfer 13. If you don't understand missionary lingo that means the
next youngest zone leader has done 24 more weeks of missionary work
than I have.

So.... Because I went zone leader and basically all the other zone
leaders are new to a large degree, we have had lots of meetings and
trainings. Basically all of Friday and Saturday where just long
meeting. I haven't even had the chance to go out into my asahikawa
area and dendou (missionary work) for more than 1 1/2 hours. Haha

Lastly, my companion is Elder Whitmer. He is my 6th out of 8
companions from Utah and he is the nerdy, most genius kid I have ever
met. Idk why, but most of my companions are pretty polar opposite of
my personality. Anyway, I knew him from back in my bean area (when I
first came to Japan) and we are going to kill it here. For the past 6+
months I have been the older coma onion, but right now he is transfer
15 (meaning he has 3 months left on his mission) so I'm going to learn
a lot. Kk

Hope you all have a great week. Lots of meeting, so not a lot to write
about... But thanks

敬具 (sincerely yours)
ー  シャイト長老 (Elder Scheidt)

No comments:

Post a Comment