10.21.2016

Conference was lit!

October 9, 2016

Yep so we get conference here a week later than America and for some
reason waiting an extra week this time was so hard. I was so excited
for it. I think my attitude was key, because I got way more out of it
than I ever have before.

Favorite talk was probably the one by K. Brett Nattress. He talked a
lot about how the greatest joy in life could quite possibly be
watching your own kids gaining a testimony for themselves. Gave the
example of how his mom read the Book of Mormon to him and his siblings
everyday during breakfast. The mom remembered the promise that if she
read every morning she would never lose her kids and it hit me way
hard. I know I'm on a mission right now and still don't have kids, but
I felt like I do need to start preparing to be a good father and
example for the future. I might be getting ahead of myself idk.

Also really enjoyed the talk about joy by Russell M Nelson. Look it
up. Doesn't matter what religion you are, or what you believe. You can
always feel more and more joy in this wonderful life.

I went on splits in this area called Otaru with a younger Japanese
missionary this week and for the first time in 15 months..... I saw
the ocean! I was so excited because I haven't been anywhere near the
coast my whole mission. Otaru is famous for its massive hills and we
were walking the massive hill when he told me to turn around and look.
Man I got more excited than a 5 year old waking up on Christmas Day.

We are just working hard here and haven't really had anything amazing
happen that I feel is worth writing about.
My buddy josh said my emails are boring, but it's all good. I think
I'm getting lazier and lazier every week, so...

Hope everyone has a great week!

敬具 (sincerely yours)
ー  シャイト長老 (Elder Scheidt)

[Work hard play hard]


[Had a zone training meeting and these are the 3 newest missionaries to our zone. Sorry haven't been taking any pictures at all lately]







No comments:

Post a Comment