10.21.2016

Forgot to mention

October 19, 2016

So I didn't mention this last week, but we had plans to hear from an apostle on Saturday the 15th of this month. Obviously because today is the 19th it already happened and let me just tell you that it was way powerful.

We had the privilege to hear from Elder David A. Bednar from 9-12 Saturday morning and it was just a privilege to hear from such a man with such strong faith. We conducted kind of a question and answer/
discussion kind of ordeal for the whole 3 hours and man I was so spiritually lifted.

I'll share one thing I thought was way interesting I've been thinking about a lot lately:

So right before we were about to finish, he talked about how he felt like the whole 3 hours just flew by and how it didn't nearly feel like 3 hours. Seemed like such a simple thing until he described what he meant by explaining how the time seemed faster than it was. He explained how we are all eternal beings who are living in a world/existence restricted by time. Because we are eternal beings without and end, we aren't used to time and being restricted 24 hours in a day. Those times when we feel like time went way fast is because of how thin the veil was between us and heaven. Because we are eternal beings not used to time, sometimes time flies faster than we think
meaning that we are very close to heaven. This is most common when we are feeling the Spirit very powerfully. time goes ridiculously fast yo! Hard to describe, but yep. I've noticed it a lot on my mission.

Sorry I can't write it the way he said it, and I'm getting too lazy with my emails to actually change it so.... Read what I wrote and just kind of go with it and see if you understand what I meant.

Other than that things are okay over here. Our baptismal date (luan
San (pronounced Ron) the Chinese guy) is starting to recede a little bit off the path. We had a lesson with him where we wanted to tell him how because he hadn't been to sacrament meeting 3 times before the 15th he couldn't get baptized on his assigned date. He asked "what is baptism" and "who is doing that thing?" They taught him and made the date before I came in, so I was way shocked to find out he had no real clue what he was getting into.
After that lesson he has kind of been harder and harder, but we not giving up and am trusting in the Lord to show us what he wants us to do.

Having a great time and am working hard every day. Grateful for this wonderful message and all the things I've learned as a missionary. Truly no greater blessing than giving selfless, devoted service to the Lord for 2 short years. Can't believe I've already finished 2/3 of my mission, but I just have to make the best use of my time.

Alrighty thank you everyone love you all bye bye! :)

敬具 (sincerely yours)
ー  シャイト長老 (Elder Scheidt)

No comments:

Post a Comment