11.15.2016

Member work for days!

November 6, 2016

Hello everyone!


So, I still haven't sent a picture of my companion, but I'll send one this week. I'm not sure what image you have of Japanese people, but they are generally pretty small and don't eat a whole ton. Nevertheless my companion is the opposite and actually weighs 35-40 lbs. heavier than me and is blessed with a American broad shoulder build. Probably weird to write this but I think my dad will get a kick out of it haha

Anyway, this week we have just been visiting tons of members because right now the member/missionary relationship is pretty weak. We now we can't do as much in God's work without member help, so we are basically doing lots of visiting and finding near their houses. Most of the time they aren't home, so things can get really hard when you get lost for 20 minutes, finally find their house just to find them not at home. But.... We are leaving nice notes and snacks/ candy to show them that we came as just a little sign of gratitude.

In other news, it snowed here again, but this time it didn't melt. I wrote an email back in the middle of October about how it snowed, but that was way early for this year and it actually ended up melting the next day. So we have just had ice cold wind while biking, but that all changed again. It snowed about 2 days ago and it snowed hard. I remember sending in our bikes to 本部 (the mission office) late December, but we are sending them in next week and are on foot from here on out. I hope I'll be able to get in shape from November to April. Shoot 6 more months of snow! I miss California haha I'll be honest and say there is a part of me that looks out the window every morning and says to myself "yep too much snow and cold. You can fake sick just this once" but this work is too important to complain and put myself first.

Things are good and my companion and I do English and Japanese days. We switch off every other day, so that's pretty sick. We have a zone conference tomorrow and so lots of our time last week was spent in meetings and receiving workshops from the mission president and his assistants.

Life is good right now. Keep on working everyone. Love you

敬具 (sincerely yours)
ー  シャイト長老 (Elder Scheidt)


[The missionaries in kotoni right now (6 of us)]



[Thought I would share something inspirational for once...]



[Sometimes we study too much and finding something to shake our faith. Keep on persevering and see the bigger picture]



[My comp and a green bean in my apartment emailing literally right now]





No comments:

Post a Comment