12.10.2016

Lots of adventures

November 23, 2016

So first a weather report:
Every now and then it snows super weak, so no there is still no snow. However, it's coming I can feel it.

So last p day I didn't feel like typing out what we did, but we went to a chocolate factory by the kotoni church called the "shiroi koibito park" we took a tour and just watched how they make their chocolate and their famous "shiroi koibito" cookies. Well worth the 6$. Funny story actually. Last Monday we went and ate out at this place in teine about a 30 minute bike ride from the church and 1 1/2 hour from the apartment. I was riding on the sidewalk and stopped at a light when another elder in my apartment wasn't paying attention and he rammed into me from behind and snapped the gear shifter. Had to hang on to my companion's back as he towed me all the way to the apartment. Nice to just sit and Cruz on my bike while he pulls me back for 2 hours. Jk of course we switched off when we got tired lol.

Dendo lately has just been lots of finding and visiting members and less actives. To be honest, our area is struggling a lot right now and just no one is home. We knock and talk to no one. One thing I heard before my mission is that every missionary goes through a dry period on their mission. This is a period where they are: more obedient to the rules than ever, are working extra extra hard, doing all the little things that make all the difference, but.... Nothing is happening in their area. I feel like that is what I am in right now, but it's honestly a great learning experience. It's teaching me to put more trust in the lord, have more faith, and I am becoming way more
humble.

We also had zone conference is last week and got some awesome training from the assistants and the mission president. (Shout out to elder Hymas to see if he actually reads my emails)

Still working hard and grateful for the opportunity to grow into a  better me every day.

If you ever have any questions just let me know.

Have a great week.

敬具 (sincerely yours)
ー  シャイト長老 (Elder Scheidt)


[The chocolate factory and my companion in the background :)]





No comments:

Post a Comment