3.28.2017

Blessings on blessings on blessings

March 26, 2017

Look at my life man that's lessons on lessons on lessons. Sorry for the big Sean reference.

Hello everyone! This week we had lots of splits with other missionaries, but on top of that we literally had so many awesome miracles that I want to write a little bit about.
First off, I didn't write an email last week so no one knows about this but I learned, once again, the importance of inviting people.

We have this investigator named kuriki SAN that my last companion and I found about 3-4 weeks ago that seemed kind of strong but can only meet on weekends. He is in a thing called jietai, which is basically just like he japanese military service. He spends his weekends with his family and I don't want to interrupt that precious time, but felt a prompting to call and invite him to church. He said he would talk with his family and it seemed to be pretty weak to be honest. Sorry for my lack of faith. Well, he came with his wife and their 3 daughters. The ward just loved them because there are basically no families in this ward and everyone fellowshipped them very very nicely. They seemed to really have a good time, but the daughters had a blast. We are going to try and work through them lol

The other miracle occurred on Friday night while my companion and I were knocking doors from 10-2 in the morning. We weren't finding anyone and it seemed to be a waste of time. To be honest, we weren't in the very nicest area either and it didn't seem like people would listen. We decided to move area just enough to separate from where we were and my comp. felt a prompting to go housing in this gross looking, old white building. I've learned enough on my mission to know to follow promptings even when you feel like they might be wrong. Good
choice elder Scheidt! Well we found someone!

Not just someone, but we found a less active named sister saitou who had been less active for about 30-35 years. She had a problem with the word of wisdom and didn't feel clean at church, so she stopped coming. Well. She was finally able to overcome this problem a little while ago and had thought about coming to church a lot over the past 35 years. She just never had the push to come back and so she didn't.

We found her and she came to our activity on Saturday and asked to meet with the branch president to start the repentance process. She then came to church the next day and all the older members remembered her and literally everyone was crying, hugging, etc... it was such a touching moment on my mission. She's literally already an active member again. It is so awesome!

On top of that, another less active came back to church who had cancer and hasn't been in over 20-25 years. People eat her right up and the whole branch just seemed to have so much love.

My companion and I were so happy and it was such an awesome moment to watch these people relive the happiness of the gospel. I'm grateful for the experiences I have out here and they help me grow closer and closer to my savior every day.

Love you all! Have a great week!

敬具 (sincerely yours)
ー  シャイト長老 (Elder Scheidt)


[Bought the watch on he left last week!]


[Here we are after a long day]


[DK]

No comments:

Post a Comment