5.24.2017

Day by day and 38 seconds



April 2, 2017

Shout-out to my homegirl Meggie on her birthday!! (Meggie wrote this, not Steven... he forgot about her birthday... ;) )

Hello everyone. I don't really remember a whole lot from last week(I actually do, I'm just too lazy to try and remember what I did), but luckily I have my schedule right here with me and I will go ahead and give a weekly update of what I did.

Monday: we had a normal preparation day of shopping and eating sushi. Got a migraine later that night and decided to hit the pillow at 7ish and woke up at 6:30 the next morning fine lol

Tuesday: spent the whole day knocking doors looking for people to teach and no body really listened. It's okay though because things are good over here and we were inside a building when it started pouring snow lol. It could've been worse. I used to hate the long housing hours, but now I use it to memorize hymns in Japanese from house to house and really work on being more humble and patient.

Wednesday: we had his awesome miracle! Found this guy named makoto SAN doing the same thing we do every day.... knocking doors yo. Lol. Anyways, this guy let us in he first time we met him and we were
actually able to  met him 2 more times this week. He has his own religion and doesn't really have a desire to change religions, but I know the spirit will soften his heart. He is seriously so sick. Please pray for him!

Thursday: we also have this investigator couple (not married, but live together) who are just so busy that they can never seem to meet, but always come to English class. We decided to make pancakes and eggs for them and asked them to skip dinner and come to the church early (before English class) so we can eat together and talk. It was way fun to eat with them, and then we were able to teach lesson 1. We taught the full lesson 1 a lot this week and it was an awesome week of testifying through the spirit.

Friday: kind of boring. Made a plan to eat ice cream with a less active at the church because it was his birthday. Wanted him to make the step of coming back to the church building again. He stood us up :/ lol we still ate ice cream haha

Saturday: we had an activity where my companion and I make pancakes, eggs, sausage, etc... (an American breakfast) while the members mark up and write their testimonies in a bunch of book of Mormons we ordered. It was way sad because I called and texted everyone and only one member came in the beginning. I literally got 10-20 replies about how the members couldn't go and not a single person said they could. However, three more members came at the very end and we were able to fill out a lot of book of Mormons and have a good time.

Sunday: taught makoto SAN again and I'm hoping things go very well for him.

Sorry for the boring day by day. In my free time right before bed I have been doing two things. Reading lots of general conference talks and trying to master the advanced method of the Rubix cube. Got my
record down to 38 seconds last night.

Have a great week!






[Us during district training meeting (not my comp. but a guy in my apartment)]




No comments:

Post a Comment